Well anchored in the region, with its head office in Saguenay − Lac-Saint-Jean, GNL Québec has set itself the objective of developing the Énergie Saguenay project by working together with communities and its partners, as well as by leveraging the unique expertise of Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean and Quebec.
GNL Québec aims to be a leader in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry in terms of health and safety, social acceptability and the environment, using a sustainable development approach. Thus, a consultation mechanism was proposed in order to involve the communities as early as possible during the planning of the Saguenay Energy project. This approach is based, among other tools, on the work of advisory committees.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTATION:
- Provide relevant information throughout the development of the project;
- Encourage the participation of local communities, First Nations and other relevant and interested stakeholders;
- Determine, with the community, acceptable and appropriate avoidance, mitigation and optimization measures;
- Build bridges with businesses and organizations in the region to encourage collaboration in the development of the project and to maximize local spinoffs;
- Follow up with the community on the concerns and ideas raised.
INTEGRITY AND RESPECT, INDEFECTIBLE VALUES
The GNL Québec team is guided by strong principles, both during consultations and at all stages of the Énergie Saguenay project:
- We are open to new ideas, we value diversity and we treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We promote open and honest dialogue with our employees, partners, governments and communities in order to build and maintain close ties and relationships of trust with all stakeholders. Our management and our employees are committed to adopting unwavering ethical behavior.